We left Adelaide on Saturday morning and stopped for tea break at Port Wakefield which had been important during the early days of copper mining. Whilst learning more about the flat limestone country we went on to see the ruins of the lime kiln at Wool Bay. Then to the railway settlement town Bute and on to Kadina which had begun its life with the discovery of copper and then became an important agricultural centre. On the outskirts of the town we had a tour of the Farm Shed Museum and Tourist Centre where we also saw Matta House. After a night in Kadina we went on Sunday morning to Maitland which had been designed as an ideal town by the Surveyor General George Goyder. South of the town we visited another old well and cement tank on land originally leased by William Rogers of Tusmore House in the City of Burnside. After that we went to Port Victoria which saw the last of the windjammers in 1949. We then saw Harry Butler’s Red Devil monoplane at Minlaton. Return home was via Curramulka and Ardrossan where we saw the district historical museum in the building that had formerly been the power house for Clarence Smith’s agricultural implements factory. He was the brother of Robert Smith who invented the stump jump plough. We arrived back at Burnside by 6.00 pm. The tour was put together and led by Colin Harris.